Many LOT Polish Airlines flights arrive on time, but some are delayed or even canceled. If you arrive at the airport to discover a LOT Polish Airlines flight delay or flight cancellation, EU261 can help. This EU ruling allows travelers to claim up to €600 in LOT Polish Airlines compensation when flights don’t operate as expected.
What Is LOT Polish Airlines EU261 Compensation?
So, what do we mean when we talk about EU261 or EC261? Well, those letters and numbers refer to a specific piece of EU law that exists to help and protect people when travelling throughout the European continent.
Through EC 261, it’s possible for people to claim cancelled flight compensation and/or flight delay compensation if their travel plans around Europe are disrupted by factors and forces beyond their control. In other words, EU 261 keeps you safe if your LOT Polish Airlines flight has a problem.
Types of Compensations Covered by EC 261
So, when does EC 261 actually apply and in what kinds of situations are you entitled to request EU 261 compensation? The list below shows the four main cases where passengers can make an EU261 claim.
- Flight delay - You can claim delay compensation through EU 261 2004 if your flight from a European airport was delayed by three hours or more
- Canceled flight - Flight been cancelled? If so, you should be entitled to make a claim for compensation as well as a flight refund.
- Overbooking - It’s never nice to be a victim of overbooking. This is when airlines sell too many tickets for a flight and can’t allow everyone to board. EU261 covers this, too.
- Missed connection flight - If you get delayed during your journey so much that you miss a connection, you should be protected by EU 261.
What Should You Do in Case of LOT Polish Airlines Flight Delays or Cancelations
- First, find an information area somewhere in the airport and speak with LOT Polish Airlines staff to figure out what’s happening with your flight.
- Make sure that you keep any receipts, tickets, photographs, and other pieces of evidence that could help your claim.
- EU261 gives you certain passenger rights, such as the ability to claim food and drink while waiting at the airport because of delays or issues, so make sure you use this.
- While waiting, you can use the Air Advisor Compensation Calculator to find out how much LOT Polish Airlines delayed or cancelled flight compensation you’re entitled to.
LOT Polish Airlines EU261 Compensation - How Much Can You Claim?
A lot of people wonder about “How much EU261 compensation can I receive?” Here’s a quick breakdown of the possible amounts you might be able to claim for.
- Flights < 1,500km - Anywhere up to €250 per traveler
- Flights from 1,500 to 3,500km - Anywhere up to €400 per traveler
- Flights > 3,500km - Anywhere up to €600 per traveler
As you can see, it’s all based around flight length. Long flights usually result in more hardship and problems for travelers, so the amount of LOT Polish Airlines compensation is higher for those flights.
But what if you’re not sure exactly how long your flight was or can’t work out if you’re eligible for compensation or not? Well, there's no need to worry. We've got some handy tools to help you figure out if you can get an EU261 refund:
- Use our flight delay checker to find out if your flight delay was long enough to meet the criteria of EC261.
- Use our flight delay compensation calculator to see exactly how much compensation you could be eligible to claim for.
It’s really quick and easy to use these handy tools, and our flight cancellation compensation calculator makes it easy for you to see not only if you’re eligible for compensation, but also how much compensation you could get.
LOT Polish Airlines EU261 Claim Form - How to Fill Out
You might be eligible for compensation after an LOT Polish Airlines flight, but the airline won’t usually pay out unless you actually fill in the necessary forms and let them know about it. So, how do you fill in the EU261 compensation form?
Well, you can usually do this on the official LOT Polish Airlines website. They’ll have a section there with the necessary forms for you to fill in online. But it can be quite complicated to figure out the forms and enter everything correctly if it’s your first time.
If you need a helping hand, Air Advisor is here. We have a team of travel and legal experts who can help you get paid out in EU261 compensation in UK, Europe, and elsewhere around the world.
You can fill in the EU 261 form on our website and enjoy all the benefits of our expert team working around the clock to help with your case. This should ensure that your claim is successful and you get a swift payout.
What to Do if LOT Polish Airlines EU261 Form Not Working
If the EU form on the LOT Polish Airlines website isn’t working or won’t load for you, don’t worry. Just visit the Air Advisor EU261 Claim Help Center and fill out the form on our website instead. It’s the same form and is 100% valid for your compensation claim.
FAQ / Common Questions: EU 261 Compensation
How to claim EU261 LOT Polish Airlines?
If you want to request compensation from LOT Polish Airlines, you’ll have to enter your details on the EU261 form. Air Advisor can help with this, and you can speak to one of our experts today to get started.
Has anyone received EU261 LOT Polish Airlines compensation?
Yes, there are thousands of travelers who have received LOT Polish Airlines compensation from this airline.
How to claim EU261 compensation from LOT Polish Airlines?
If you’d like to claim your compensation direct from LOT Polish Airlines, just go to their website and fill in the form, or use Air Advisor to make the process even easier with expert assistance.
Should LOT Polish Airlines compensate under EU261 for strikes?
There are certain things that EU261 doesn’t cover. Unfortunately, strikes are one of those things. So you won’t be able to make a claim if there was a strike that caused your flight delay or cancellation.
Why can’t I fill EU261 on LOT Polish Airlines website?
It might be because the form isn’t loading or the website is down. You can use Air Advisor instead to fill in your EU 261 documents.
Does LOT Polish Airlines pay EU261?
Yes, any airline that runs flights in and out of Europe (including LOT Polish Airlines) has to obey EU 261 and pay out in the relevant situations.