LOT Airlines Compensation Claim for Delays and Cancellations
LOT Polish Airlines owes other passengers up to €600 in compensation for LOT Polish Airlines cancelled and delayed flights.
Do you want to know more how to claim compensation from LOT Polish Airlines and what to do in such cases?
LOT Polish Airlines doesn’t want you to know your passengers rights, but our team put together all information you need to know to get paid from LOT Polish Airlines.
LOT Airlines is the official flag carrier for Poland and a popular European airline. However, just like any other airline, it has delays, cancellations, and other issues from time to time. If you find yourself facing a delayed flight with LOT Airlines, you may not know what to do or how to react. However, you could be entitled to a LOT Polish Airlines refund, along with compensation of up to 600€ (£520) per person.
Air Advisor can help with your LOT Airlines compensation claim. We can help you overcome LOT Polish Airlines delays, and we operate on a no-win, no-fee system, so you won’t have to pay a single penny unless we’re successful with your claim. Find out more in the guide below.
If your flight was delayed, canceled or overbooked within the last 3 years, you could be eligible for up to 600€ in compensationCheck Your Flight
LOT Compensation Claim
All airlines have delays and cancelled flights, and LOT Airlines is no exception. Fortunately, protections exist for passengers of this airline. According to EU law, you could be entitled to up to 600€ (£520) with a LOT Polish Airlines compensation claim if your flight is delayed or called off.
This is all thanks to a specific law called EU 261 Regulation, also known as UK 261 for UK passengers. This law provides the following passenger rights to travellers who are inconvenienced or have to cancel their plans:
- Up to 600€ (£520) per passenger if LOT Polish Airlines cancel a flight or delay it.
- Note you can make a claim against LOT only within 1 (one) year, so act fast.
- Compensation for delays, missed connections, cancellations, and other situations, like LOT Airlines delayed baggage compensation.
LOT Polish Airlines Delays and Cancellations: What to Do?
So, how do you make a LOT compensation claim and what should you do if you're facing a delay or cancellation of your flight? Here are the key steps to follow:
- Before you worry about LOT Airlines compensation or making a LOT Polish Airlines baggage claim, you should speak with airport staff. You can talk with them to find out why your flight is delayed/cancelled and find out more about the situation. They'll also be able to tell you more about LOT Polish Airlines cancellation policy
- Next, you should gather evidence. You'll need this later on when you make a LOT Polish Airlines refund request or LOT Polish Airlines compensation claim. Make sure to save things like tickets, receipts, and so on. All of this can be helpful for claiming flight delay compensation from LOT Airlines.
- You should also claim all of the necessary benefits you are entitled to at the airport. If you're being made to wait for several hours or overnight, the airline is obligated to help. You can claim things like food, drink, and even accommodation for the night, if needed.
- Finally, you can use our online compensation calculator to find out more about the LOT Polish Airlines delay compensation you could get. Our free calculator will help you work out the amount of LOT Airlines delay compensation or LOT Airlines cancelled flight compensation you're able to claim.
LOT Airlines Claims: When Can I Claim?
According to EU 261, the carrier has to pay LOT Airlines delayed flight compensation to passengers in the following cases:
- Delay: For all delays lasting 3 hours or more.
- Cancellation: For all cancellations, except those involving extraordinary circumstances.
- Overbooking: For cases where flights are overbooked.
- Missed connecting flight: For cases where you miss a connection due to delays/cancellations on other flights.
LOT Polish Airlines Refund
LOT Polish Airlines refund policy states that this airline has to provide refunds to passengers who had flights cancelled and couldn’t get on another available flight. The airline will usually try to get you on another flight if yours is called off. But if there are no suitable alternatives, you can ask for a refund.
The refund may come in the form of credit, cash, or even a voucher. Air Advisor recommends that you always say no to vouchers. They can expire and may lose their value, so it’s best to request credit or simply ask for your money back.
Claim with AirAdvisor and get up to €600 compensation. Find out how much you’re owed today.Check Your Flight
Common Questions and Answers
Can I Get LOT Airlines Refund?
It depends. If you booked a flight and then want to cancel it for personal reasons, the airline may not be obligated to give you a refund unless you booked a flexible, refundable ticket. The airline will have to pay out on refunds if they cancel your flight with short notice and can’t book you on another one.
How Much Time Do I Have to Make My Lot Airlines Compensation Claim?
According to EU 261, passengers have a total of One (1) year to make claims for flight compensation.
EU 261 Compensation Claim: How Much Can You Get?
Up to 250€ (£205) per person on flights travelling less than 1,500 km.
Up to 400€ (£330) per person for internal EU flights more than 1,500 km.
Up to 400€ (£330) per person for international EU flights between 1,500 km and 3,500 km.
Up to 600€ (£520) per person for long-haul international flights more than 3,500 km.
How to Claim Flight Delay Compensation with LOT Airlines?
Air Advisor can help you make your compensation claim. Our team of legal and travel experts have years of experience in negotiating with airlines and dealing with complex complaints and compensation procedures. We can help you get the money you’re owed. Plus, we won’t take any payment from you until we succeed, so there’s absolutely no risk in contacting us and getting help with your claim.
Claim your LOT Airlines compensation with AirAdvisor and get up to 600€ (£520) per person!Check Your Flight
8 days before my flight, I just received an email stating: "We regret to inform that due to the administrative decision to suspend air traffic between Serbia and Poland, all PLL LOT flights scheduled on this route from September 25 to December 18, are cancelled." - however, I travelled on this same route, only 2 weeks before, from London via Warsaw to Belgrade.
On 24/11, I received an email from LOT, stating the following: 'We regret to inform that due to the administrative decision to suspend air traffic between Serbia and Poland, all PLL LOT flights scheduled on this route from September 25 to December 18, are cancelled.' However, this is wrong because I used this same airline to travel from London to Belgrade, via Warsaw, only a couple of weeks earlier. I have proof of this, should you need it. Please note, the airliner did promise to refund the ticket, but as yet, failed to do so.
I have a French visa D-type in France. It allows me to enter via any of the European Union countries, multi-type. At the time, when the flight tickets were bought it was no problems with a lockdown in Switzerland or Poland. But on the 1st of September Poland closes its borders for Ukrainians, it was the reason for an airline not to board me. I had current for the 48 hours negative Cvid-19 test, but they didn`t ask me about that. Also, at the airport, they give me a document with the reason not to board me (REFUSED BECAUSE OF COVID 19). Also, I have bought a train ticket from Geneva to Grenoble, but I also lose it and couldnt ask for a refund, because i didn`t come to Geneva at that day and it was too late to ask for refund. I can provide you all these documents, just send me an email