Wizz Air Delayed or Cancelled Flight Compensation and Refund
It's every traveler's worst nightmare: you get to the airport, hoping to board your flight and enjoy a pleasant trip to your destination, only to discover that your flight has been delayed or cancelled. What can you do about Wizz Air cancelled flights? Are you eligible for a Wizz Air refund or Wizz Plus refund? And what does the Wizz Air cancellation policy involve?
This guide will cover all you need to know about Wizz Air complaints and Wizz Air cancellation. You might be surprised to learn that you could be eligible for up to €600 in compensation through your Wizz Air cancellation claim, and we'll help you claim it. Plus, AirAdvisor only gets paid when you get paid, so there’s no risk in working with us for your Wizzair claim refund.
Wizz Air Compensation for Cancellation, Flight Delay, or Denied Boarding
Dealing with Wizz Air disrupted flights at check in or a Wizz Air delayed flight isn't pleasant. In fact, a cancellation or delay with this airline can cause you and your family a lot of grief, adding extra costs to your trip and ruining the start or end of your vacation. Fortunately, you do have rights as a passenger of this airline, and you are entitled to make a Wizz Air delay claim or obtain a Wizz Air cancel flight refund.
How to get a refund from Wizz Air? Well, it's actually quite simple, and AirAdvisor can help you get the compensation you're entitled to. You can use our Compensation Calculator to get started and find out how much you’re owed. It only takes a few minutes to start your claim, and AirAdvisor’s expert team can help you take it to the next step. We can also help you to fill in a Wizz Air compensation claim form and file Wizzair com claims.
Can I Make a Wizz Air Compensation Claim for a Delayed or Cancelled Flight?
Absolutely. If you're seeking Wizz Air claim compensation or Wizz Air flight delay compensation, the first thing to know is that you should be entitled to it. Given that this airline is based in Hungary, it's subject to EU rules, and the EU has taken steps to protect passenger rights in case of flight delays.
What Are My Passenger Rights in Case My Flight Was Cancelled or Delayed?
If you have a Wizzair cancel flight, here are your options:
- The airline will try to re-book you on an alternative flight with the same or similar route, as soon as possible.
- If it’s not possible to get you on another flight, you can receive a full refund of the fare of the flight that was cancelled, in line with Wizz Air refund policy.
- The full value of your flight can also be refunded in the form of credit, with a 20% Wizz Air missed flight fee bonus added to your account. You can use this credit and your Wizz free cancellation bonus towards other flights in the future. However, we strongly recommend against it, as it has time and other limitations, which can net you zero. So never accept any vouchers from the airline.
- The airline will also permit you to make two calls, free of charge, to let people know about your situation and make alternative arrangements.
- If your alternative flight is the next day after your original scheduled departure, you can also make a Wizz Air claim for the cost of your hotel for the night. In fact, usually, the airline will make the arrangements for you. If not, you can make a Wizzair refund claim to get the costs back of your accommodation, meal, and transport, too.
In addition to the list of above rights, EU law states that you are also entitled to the following:
- Up to €600 in compensation, dependent on the length of your journey
- The right to claim on flights up to six years after they were scheduled
- The right to claim on any flight with a minimum of three hours of delay, total cancellation, or overbooking
What Should I Do in Case of Cancellations or a Wizz Air Delayed Flight?
- Speak with representatives of the airline to find out more about the situation and confirm the reason behind the cancellation, delay, or Wizz Air overbooked flight.
- Gather as much evidence as you can to support you when you make a Wizzair request refund or Wizz Air ticket refund.
- While you're waiting, ask the airline to provide you with basic essentials, like food and water.
- Use our simple Compensation Calculator to check your eligibility for a Wizz Air refund 24 hours and find out more about how to get a refund from Wizz Air.
Wizz Air Flight Compensation Claims
You can claim compensation from this carrier in the following situations:
- Delays - If your flight arrives 3 hours or longer after it should have, you could get a Wizz Air delay refund or file a Wizz Air delayed flight claim.
- Cancellations - If the airline cancels your flight and didn’t let you know until less than 14 days before the date of departure, in accordance with Wizz Airlines cancellation policy.
- Denied Boarding due to Overbooking - Wizzair overbooking policy states you can be entitled to a refund if you are denied boarding due to accidental overbooking.
- Missed Connection - You can also get a Wizz Air missed flight refund if you miss a connection because of delays and issues caused by the carrier.
Wizz Air Flight Cancellations: When Are They Liable?
In most cases, this carrier will need to pay passengers for flights that have been cancelled. However, there are certain circumstances in which the airline could try to evade liability. For instance, if there is a very bad storm or some sort of incident at the airport, this creates a situation of “extraordinary circumstances”, in which you won’t be able to claim delay or cancellation compensation.
Even in these cases, however, the airline should still work to get you on another flight as soon as possible and provide various other benefits and forms of assistance to help you. And, in many cases, it is not possible for the carrier to avoid liability. According to EU Regulation 261, you will be entitled to a refund or an alternative flight, along with delay compensation of up to €600 per person in most situations.
Wizz Air Flight Delay Compensation
Airlines are always striving to make their flights on time and keep up with their schedules, but delays happen all the time. This is where EU Regulation 261 comes into play. Thanks to this, if you suffer a delay of three hours or more, you can receive compensation of up to €600. The only exceptions for this in Wizz Air flight cancellation policy are cases of “extraordinary circumstances”.
Wizz Air Flight 261 Compensation Claim: How Much Can You Get?
Following the rules of EU 261, you could get the following compensation:
- All flights under 1,500km - Up to €250 per person
- Flights ranging from 1,500 to 3,500km - Up to €400 per person
- Flights longer than 3,500km - Up to €600 per person
Our Compensation Calculator is an easy-to-use tool to help you see exactly what amount you can claim.
Common Questions: Compensation Claims and Refunds
What is the Time Limit for Wizz Air Compensation Claims?
You can make a Wizz Air claim for delayed flight any time in the five years after the flight was scheduled.
How to Claim Compensation for Wizz Air Delays and Cancellations?
To start, use our Compensation Calculator to see how much money you could get in the form of compensation and if you are eligible you can submit your claim. We work based on No-Win, No-Fee, so there is no risk for you to submit your claim with us. Our clients rank AirAdvisor service at 4.6 out of 5.
Can I get a refund from Wizz Air?
The process of obtaining Wizz air cancellation refund or compensation can be complex and demanding. And the truth is that the amounts in question hardly justify hiring a lawyer. This is where AirAdvisor comes in, as a company that has extensive experience in aviation law and daily interactions with the airline.
Why should I entrust my claim to AirAdvisor?
- 5 years of experience
- More than 25,000 customers from 52 countries already trust us
- 4.6 Rating based on 2,000 customer reviews
- 10 languages
- International team of lawyers and travel lovers
- In order to find out if Wizz Air owes you compensation, use our compensation verification tool.
What happens if I miss a Wizz Air flight?
If you miss a flight due to delays, cancellations, or overbooking, you may be able to make a compensation claim. You can also potentially get a full wizz air flight refund, some Wizz credit, or get rebooked on another flight the same day. Keep in mind that accepting an airline's voucher is the worst and riskiest option for you (we do not recommend it).
EU 261 compensation claim wizz air: how to do it?
- We suggest you read our EU 261 Compensation explainer to learn about your passenger rights.
- Use our flight delay checker to check if your flight is eligible for compensation and its amount.
- Read how to write a flight delay complaint letter and feel free to use the template provided.
- if the airline rejects or ignores your claim, which is very likely. Our team will be happy to help you.
Why is Wizz Air always late?
Not all Wizz Air flights are late. This airline has an on-time-performance rating of 83.5%, so 16.5% of its flights are late.
How to find out if there are any Wizz Air cancelled flights today?
You can read our recommendations on how to use flight delay checkers to find out about the latest flights and cancellation news.
About Wizz Air
- Founded in 2003 in Hungary and is now in Top 3 largest low cost airlines in Europe
- Serves 44 countries, mostly in Europe, but also in Africa and the Middle East
- On-time performance of approximately 83.5%, which is better than the global average but lower than most big European airlines (based on OAG data and other internal data sources)
- Cancellation rate of 0.7%, compared to the average of around 2% (based on OAG data and other internal data sources)
- Wizz Air Discount Club is a discount program for frequent flyers, offering price cuts on ticket fares and baggage fees.
- Frequent flyers can also join the Privilege Pass, an annual membership program offering priority boarding, free baggage, and seat selection.