EasyJet refund, claim and compensation
Were you affected by easyJet flight delay or cancellation?
If, yes we bet you are interested to learn about your passenger rights and what to do in such case.
Our experienced team put together all you need to know to make easyJet compensation claim.
After reading this you will know that easyJet might owe you up to €600 (£540) as per EU law.
EasyJet operates countless flights every year, and many make it to their destination without any trouble. However, there are also plenty of EasyJet flights cancelled, as well as other issues with EasyJet overbooking rights or delaying passengers. If this happens to you, you could be entitled to EasyJet compensation.
In fact, you may be able to make an EasyJet claim for up to 600€ (£520) per person in EasyJet flightdelay compensation. Air Advisor can assist you in making an Easy Jet claim after an Easy Jet cancelled flight or delay. Plus, we operate on a no-win, no-fee basis, so you won't have to pay a penny unless we successfully negotiate your claim.
If your flight was delayed, canceled or overbooked within the last 3 years, you could be eligible for up to £520 (600€) (£520) in compensationCheck Your Flight
EasyJet Refund and Compensation
First, it's important to understand the difference between an EasyJet flight refund and EasyJet delay reimbursement or compensation. An EasyJet refund is when the airline pays back the cost of your ticket, but compensation can give you up to 600€ (£520) per person, regardless of the amount you paid. This is all thanks to EU law providing the following passenger rights:
- Claim EasyJet EC261 flight compensation of up to 600€ (£520) per traveller
- Claim EasyJet delay compensation for any flights in the last 6 years
- Make your claim for EasyJet flight delays and cancellations, as well as missed connections and overbooking
EasyJet Claim Process: How Does it Work?
Now you know you can claim compensation for a delayed EasyJet flight. But how does the process actually work? Well, whether you want compensation or want to make an EasyJet refund claim, you'll need to go through quite a long process of making a claim and speaking with EasyJet’s complaints team.
AirAdvisor can make the process far easier and more convenient for you. We can help you get your money back for an EasyJet delay and make it simpler to obtain EasyJet refunds for cancelled flights, too. Try our flight delay compensation calculator to start the process and see how much money you could claim.
EasyJet Compensation: What Does EU Law Say?
EU 261 is one of the most important European laws protecting travellers throughout Europe. It states that you can claim compensation in these cases:
- Delay: Make your claim after any flight is delayed 3 hours or more.
- Cancellation: Request compensation for flights that the airline cancelled.
- Overbooking: Get EasyJet oversold flight compensation for overbooking.
- Missed connecting flight: Request compensation after an EasyJet missed flight connection, too.
Find out if you are owed compensation for a disrupted flightCheck Your Flight
EasyJet Delay Compensation: Steps to Follow
Here are the most important steps to follow if your flight gets delayed or cancelled:
- Speak with staff at the airport to find out more about why the flight is delayed or called off. They’ll be able to provide you with extra details on the situation and answer any questions you might have.
- Request that all of your basic rights are covered. For example, the airline should give you vouchers for food and drink and may also need to pay for your accommodation if you have to stay at an airport hotel overnight.
- Keep as much evidence as you can of the situation, such as tickets, receipts, photos, and so on. All of this can be useful later on when you want to claim EasyJet 4 hour delay compensation or request a refund from EasyJet.
- Use the free AirAdvisor online compensation calculator to learn more about how much compensation you could claim. You can also consult our other guides and resources for extra info on your passenger rights.
Claim with AirAdvisor and get up to €600 (£520) compensation. Find out how much you’re owed today.Check Your Flight
Should Easyjet Refund a Cancelled Flight? Are EasyJet Flights Refundable?
Refunds from EasyJet are paid on a case by case basis, so it all depends on the specifics of the situation. You can claim an EasyJet refund if the company cancelled your flight and couldn't book you on a suitable alternative. An EasyJet cancel flight refund may be paid out in various ways, like credit or vouchers, but we always recommend saying no to vouchers as they can expire. You may also want to request an EasyJet cancellation fee refund if you are charged any fees during the cancelling of your flight.
How Much Time Do I Have to Make My Claim?
EU 261 states that passengers typically have a total of three years to claim for flight compensation.
How Long Does EasyJet Refund Take?
The process can take several days, weeks, or longer, depending on the circumstances.
How Much Can You Get in EU261 Compensation?
Up to 250€ (£205) per traveller for flights less than 1,500 km.
Up to 400€ (£330) per traveller for EU flights more than 1,500 km but less than 3,500km.
Up to 600€ (£520) per traveller for flights beyond 3,500 km.
How Often Does EasyJet Cancel Flights?
EasyJet flights can be cancelled at any time and delays/cancellations happen daily with almost every major airline.
How to Claim Delay Compensation from EasyJet?
If you're wondering how to claim compensation for a delayed flight with EasyJet, Air Advisor can help. We have a dedicated team of experts ready to negotiate your claim, and we won’t ask for any payment until we succeed.
Claim your compensation with AirAdvisor and get up to 600€ (£520) per person!Check Your Flight
Flight was canceled about 4 hours before departure because of the weather
Greek air control went on strike and our flight was cancelled and a new flight arranged 24 hours later
We received notification from Easyjet that our flight was cancelled with no reason but have still not received our refund